Sample the Sierra is a farm-to-fork festival celebrating the Sierra Nevada region. Restaurants/chefs prepare a dish using local ingredients from farmers or producers and then pair this dish with wine, spirits or beer. For more information, visit our About page.
Sample the Sierra is Saturday, September 17, 2016. The festival begins at 12:00 pm and ends at 5:00 pm. Tasting is available from 12:00 pm until 4:00 pm only.
Sample the Sierra is set in Bijou Community Park, South Lake Tahoe, California. Bijou Community Park is located at 1201 Al Tahoe Blvd. Visit our Directions page for more information about getting to the festival.
Tickets are available for $40 per person. A ticket includes entry into the event and the opportunity to sample all of the participating vendors.
Under 21 tickets are available for $30 per person. This ticket type does not include alcohol.
Children three and under are free.
A ticket is required to sample any food at the event. Buy your Tickets now!
If you purchased your tickets online on this page, you should receive a confirmation email with your tickets attached as a PDF. If you do not have your tickets at the event, your name will be on a will call list.
- Parking is available at Lake Tahoe Community College across from Bijou Park but is limited due to construction.
- Parking will be available in the Theater lot, Child Center lot and parallel only on College Drive.
- Parking is available at the U.S. Forest Service building located at 35 College Dr. South Lake Tahoe.
- A parking shuttle will be available every 10-15 minutes if you do not want to walk up to the park.
- Overflow parking is available at the Al Tahoe Center at the intersection of Hwy 50 & Al Tahoe Blvd.
- A Parking Shuttle will be available every 10-15 minutes if you do not want to walk up to the park.
- A limited number of handicapped spaces are available at Bijou Community Park by accessing the back gate closest to Hwy 50.
Sample the Sierra encourages attendees to ride their bikes if possible to the festival. Secure parking for bikes will be available through our partnership with The Lake Tahoe Bike Coalition. Visit the Bike, Don’t Drive page for more information.
There is not an ATM on site. The closest ATM is located in the Rite Aid on Al Tahoe Blvd.
Sample the Sierra accepts all major credit cards and cash for tickets at the festival. Most vendors accept major credit cards and cash.
Children are allowed. Children 3 years old and younger are free. Children older than 3 years must purchase an under 21 ticket for $30.
Only service dogs are allowed into Sample the Sierra. However, dogs are allowed in the dog park located in Bijou Community Park.