1,500 will taste the unique bounty of the Sierra Nevada!
Eligibility & Requirements
- There is no fee to participate.
- Participating establishments must provide adequate product samples during the entire tasting portion of the event (12pm-4pm). Attendance is expected to be 1,500 people.
- As a part of this event, you MUST highlight a regionally grown or produced product in your food tasting sample. You will not have to pay for this product. We will donate $300 to the farmer/producer from which you source your regional products. We have a list of regional partners that you can choose from or you can source products from your own partner.
- Requests and preferences for booth assignments are based on the order in which completed applications are received.
- Vendors are encouraged to supply their own signage and decorate their booths appropriately.
- All applicants must have a Commercial General Liability Insurance Policy.
- A 10’x10’ festival tent will be provided for your tasting area. This space will be shared with a Winery, Distillery or Brewery providing wine/spirit/beer tasting samples.
- Each tasting booth will be constructed of an overhead canopy and 3 side walls. There will be no flooring provided unless requested or required by the health department.
- Each booth will be provided with access to power.
- Each booth will have two 8’ tables for shared use between Winery/Brewery and Restaurant/Chef.
- No cooking equipment or storage will be provided.
- Ice and dump buckets will be provided at staging stations.
- If providing your own tables, tables must be sturdy and stable, and shall not be used beyond load capacity.
- Festival signage will be displayed on each tasting booth listing the Restaurant/Chef name, Winery name and the Grower/Producer that has provided products for the food samples.
Set Up Time
- Set up is allowed between 8am and 11am.
- Tear Down is allowed between 5pm and 8pm (Tear down is not allowed to begin until 5pm and MUST be completed by 8pm).
- Vehicle access to set up/ tear down is on a first come, first serve basis in staging areas.
- After unloading at the assigned booth, participants must park in the provided parking area for Vendors.
- Due to the layout of the site, participants will not be able to park near their booth.
- More detailed set information will be emailed to you upon confirmation of participation in the event.
Food & Alcohol Safety
- Participants providing food samples are responsible for monitoring and maintaining proper food temperatures in accordance with health codes. Please see attached Temporary Food Facility requirements.
- Participants providing food must provide all of their own equipment, for holding and serving of food in accordance with the El Dorado County Health Department guidelines (ice baths, thermometers, wash stations, handwashing stations, etc. – contact the El Dorado Health Department for complete information and requirements.)
- Participants must comply with all state and local laws regarding the serving of alcoholic beverages.
Sample the Sierra strives to be a “Zero Waste Event” and we ask that participating vendors help to contribute to this goal by supplying compostable items when serving your food or beverage samples. Please let us know if you would like more information on sourcing compostable items.
The sale of samples at the sampling booths is prohibited. The fee paid to Tahoe Chamber for the event for a tasting bracelet is the only compensation that will be collected.