- Pack a picnic and enjoy the orchards of Apple Hill
Grab some lunch and get lost in the farms of Apple Hill. Founded in 1964 with 16 apple ranches, the region has grown to now include fruit and vegetable farms, wineries, flower gardens, and even a day spa.
- Wander through the WINEderlust Festival in Placerville
Scheduled for September 7th on historic Main Street, this festival features the best of El Dorado wines, local brews, art, music, food trucks, and artisan vendors.
- Experience the grape harvest at the Big Crush Harvest Festival in Amador County
Celebrate harvest on October 5th-6th with creative food and wine pairings, a variety of live music, and harvest activities presented by the Amador Vinters Association’s 42 wineries.
Buzz through the best breweries and taprooms in the Sierra Nevada with these trail maps.
- Wine all day in Fair Play
This region is known for growing extraordinary, high-quality grapes and producing world class wines. With over 20 wineries to explore, you may need more than one day!
- Explore the creative culture of El Dorado County at the Third Saturday Art Walk
Art galleries and merchants host art shows, live music, late night shopping, and delicious dining in historic Placerville on the third Saturday of every month.
- Elevate your Palate with the South Tahoe Restaurant Association
Visit any one of the members of the South Tahoe Restaurant Association to experience the best of the culinary culture in the South Shore of Lake Tahoe. A full list of restaurants can be found at www.tahoechamber.org.
- Pick your own blackberries at Harris Tree Farm
Get your hands dirty on this peaceful historic farm. Seasonally they produce blackberries, apples and pumpkins. They grow it and you pick it! Don’t miss the bakery offering homemade pies, turnovers, and jams.
- Visit the ten tasting rooms of the Carson Road Wineries
Ten wineries on one road, what more could you ask for? This casual collection of tasting rooms offers award winning wines in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Discover fresh produce and unique products at the South Lake Tahoe Farmers Markets
Stop by the American Legion every Tuesday throughout the summer to grab local farm fresh produce, or head to Ski Run Blvd on Fridays for an afternoon market that features farmers, artisans, growers, and entertainers.